Have you tried our latest trial databases yet? These are of special interests to students in criminal justice, security or related areas of study.
Give them a try and please let us know what you think!
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text: Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text contains more than 300,000 records selected from the most important sources within the discipline. This resource includes full text for more than 200 magazines and journals, as well as full-text books & monographs.
- International Security & Counter Terrorism Reference Center: International Security & Counter-Terrorism Reference Center (ISCTRC) provides a comprehensive Open Source Intelligence Resource for analysts, risk management professionals, and students. ISCTRC combines deep background from scholarly writings with expert commentary from a variety of organizations, agencies and publishers and timely reviews of recent developments across the international political, military, economic, social and technical spectrum.Content includes hundreds of full-text items from a variety of sources, including reports from Stratfor Analysis, Stratfor Forecasts, and Stratfor Geopolitical Diary and over 10,500 pertinent images.
This weekend, the Library will be open as usual on Saturday -- 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
The Library will close at midnight on Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013 and remain closed Monday, Sept. 2, 2013 for Labor Day.
We will reopen at 7 AM Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013.
Have a safe, happy Labor Day!
August 28, 2013 marks 50 years since the March on Washington and the "I Have a Dream" speech.
Take a look at our LibGuide of online and Library resources, including video, here.
Some facts about the March from PBS - click to enlarge:
The 2013-14 Common Book is "In Pursuit of Silence" by George Prochnik.
Here's a little more about the book, from the publisher: "Between iPods, music-blasting restaurants, earsplitting sports stadiums, and endless air and road traffic, the place for quiet in our lives grows smaller by the day. 'In Pursuit of Silence' gives context to our increasingly desperate sense that noise pollution is, in a very real way, an environmental catastrophe."
You'll find details about the book, research topic ideas, author interviews, video, and links to articles referenced by the author in this LibGuide. Links to the WVDELI eBook and audiobook are also included.
Additionally, "In Pursuit of Silence" is available in print in the reserve collection, located at the Library Circulation Desk.
Several campus events will take place in conjunction with the book. Stay tuned for announcements throughout the semester!
ProQuest has notified us about database maintenance planned for Saturday evening (August 24, 2013).
During this time, databases from ProQuest will not be available.
The outage is scheduled to begin at 10 p.m. Saturday and last for about eight hours.
Thank you for your patience as necessary updates are made!
If you use OverDrive/WVDELI on your IOS or Android device, you'll be noticing some upgrades to OverDrive Media Console (OMC).
Details from OverDrive:
OMC v3.0 has been completely redesigned. The Next Generation of OMC will feature:
- A redesigned interface with an all-new look, streamlined navigation and a one-stop reorganized menu. App functions are just a swipe and tap away.
- Syncing of bookmarks and reading progress across multiple devices using a free, opt-in registration service called OverDrive One.
- Variable speed playback for iOS. This is audiobook users’ most requested feature.
- Tutorials and prompts for first-time users to add libraries and get books.
System Requirements: OMC v3.0 for Android users requires Android OS v4.0 (or newer). OMC for Android v2.6.5 will remain available for download. OMC for iOS requires iOS 6 (or newer).
Find it in the App store or as a notification on your Android or IOS device. Of course, the WVDELI is compatable with many more devices, and you can download and enjoy ebooks, audiobooks and more. Curious? Get details and start browsing here. If you have questions, just let us know. We're happy to help!