Public Borrowers Services
Circulation Policies - Public Borrowers
Free Public Borrowers Card
Issued with a valid WV driver's license. Card issued to individuals under age 16 with parent/guardian signature. To retain card, materials must be renewed and/or returned on time.
|Books:||4 weeks from checkout date.|
One renewal, either in person or phone, unless someone has requested the item.
|Regular Material (books, videos, etc.):||25 cents per day @ maximum $10.00 per item.|
|Reserve Material:||50 cents per hour with no maximum amount.|
Replacement of Materials
Users are charged the replacement cost of the item plus a $15.00 processing fee.
Located at the Circulation Desk and at main library entrance.
CDs and videos should be returned to the Circulation Desk only.
ALL RESERVE MATERIAL MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CIRCULATION DESK.
Mound Yearbooks are now available online here.
Services - Public Borrowers
Guidelines for the Use of Ruth Ann Musick Library Computers by Community Users
Community users are granted the privilege of using library computers in the Starbucks Lab, the middle floor, and in the SkyLab (top floor) of the library, in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Students, faculty, and staff members of Fairmont State and Pierpont have precedence over community users. Public access to computers is subject to availability.
- Community users need to provide Circulation Staff members with a picture ID, and full information on current name, address, telephone number(s), etc., at each visit. Anyone under the age of 16 needs to have an adult present at all times with him/her, although research and reference assistance is available upon request.
- Each user will be given a card with the login username and password to use to access computers. The password will expire at midnight on the day it is received, or whenever the library closes, if earlier.
- Login for community users only gives them access when they login on campus; not anywhere else.
- Any printing automatically prints at the Circulation Desk and the user must retrieve prints and pay 10 cents per page for the prints. Please be careful when you print web pages, since what appears to be one page may in fact be several hundred. If you do not know how to limit your printing to only the pages wanted, please ask a staff member for assistance. Failure to pay for your prints may result in permanent suspension of all privileges.
When printing please choose the following printer: LB1-P3
- Please return the account login/password card to the Circulation Desk when leaving, so staff may clear your account.
Access to campus network for community users:
While students, faculty, and staff have to login on the campus network, if community users bring their wireless laptops to campus, community users may access the wireless on campus_guest. The only thing community users will need to do is input an email account -- any email address they want. Community users are only able to get Internet access, and cannot get to campus filesharing, etc. The bandwidth is limited. Contact the Teaching & Learning Commons with questions about wireless connectivity.
Services - All
* Black and white or color copying; per-page fee
* Copiers will accept transparencies and make double-sided copies.
* Copies from Microfiche/Microfilm at $0.10 per page.
Notice: Copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies of reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using copiers or similar equipment is liable for any copyright infringement.
Additional Black and White copying, as well as Color Copying, is available for Faculty, Staff and Students at the Copy Center located on the 3rd floor of the Falcon Center. (Tel: 367-4185)
PCs are located on the ground, middle and top floors. Mac computers are located on the middle floor.
The following software is available on the library computers:
*Microsoft Front Page
*Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0
*Special software by school for specific courses.
To get to the special software:
1. click the START button in the lower left corner of the computer screen
2. click on "programs"
3. click on "Division Software"
4. select a division
5. select the software you need
To play compact discs that may have come with your textbook, or DVDs, stop at the circulation desk. You will need to check out an external CD/DVD player.
* To send a fax : No charge
* To receive a fax : No charge
* Library fax number: (304) 367-4901
Requests can be made over the phone or online for materials to be placed on hold for patrons to pick up. These items will be placed at the Circulation desk and you will be notified when your request is filled.
Items for use
The following items are available for use. Ask at the Circulation desk:
- 3-hole punch
- Bags for carrying books
- Cassette players
- CD players
- Colored pencils
- First Aid - basic items, like bandages
- Glue sticks
- Paper clips
- Rubber bands
- White out
Digital Voice Recorders are available for semester loan checkout to students at the Circulation Desk.
One VCR/DVD player unit and six DVD players are available for seven day loans. There is also a slide projector and an overhead projector available for one day. These items are available only to Faculty, Staff and Students.
Floppy disk drives (external, USB) are available for Library Use Only checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Patrons may also use the microwave located near the Circulation Desk.
Lost and Found
If you've lost or found an item, the campus Lost and Found locations are the Circulation Desk at the Library and the Campus Security office in the Falcon Center.
A mailbox is located in the Circulation area. The mail is picked up at Noon Monday thru Friday.
Restrooms and water fountains are available on all floors of the library.
A courtesy phone is available in the Circulation area for on-campus and local calls.
Note: Library Courtesy Phone cannot be used for calling cell phone numbers.
Cell phones must be turned off in the library, but can be used in the Circulation area or in the stairways.
Items for Sale
Items for sale at the Circulation desk
We can currently accept cash and personal checks for the following items, at current cost: