Please submit your application for the Foundation Grants Program as a PDF or Word attachment to the appropriate institution.
Available to full-time faculty of Fairmont State University or Pierpont Community & Technical College who have not received a grant within the last 3 years.
A total of $2000 is available.
Applicants should submit a two-page proposal plus a budget page to the appropriate institution using the submission box to the left.
The proposal should include the following:
1. A precise description of the nature and purpose of the project;
2. Supporting materials about the project, such as brochures and press releases;
3. A statement listing previous achievements and funding;
4. A concrete explanation of specific benefits that the faculty member, the student, and the University will derive from the proposed activity;
5. A calendar of the activities in which the faculty member will engage, including a proposed date of completion;
6. A letter from the Dean, School or Department Chair indicating that the proposal has been discussed and that possible ramifications, such as feasibility and necessary departmental resources, have been considered; and
7. A one-page detailed budget.
February 17, 2012
The Faculty Development Committee will notify each applicant when his/her proposal is received by the committee. The Committee will consider each proposal carefully using the rubric and forward its recommendations for funding to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, and to the President of the respective institution for approval.
The activity must be only that described in the proposal and must occur during the period specified in the announcement of the award. The grantee must submit a six-month progress report and a final report of no more than five pages that explains specifically the accomplishments of the project and includes a detailed accounting of the expenditure of funds. The committee chair will provide copies for the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the President, and the Foundation. Grantees may be called upon to make presentations relative to the activities for which they received funding.
Purpose & History
Each year the Foundation has funds available for faculty development grant activities. All full-time faculty members are invited to submit proposals for appropriate scholarly projects or activities to the Faculty Development Committee. After consideration, the committee will recommend worthy proposals for final selection.